Recent Posts

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Writing MarCom for Collaboration Technologies

As mentioned in the first two posts to Copywriting Tune-ups, collaboration technology is an area I find inherently compelling.

This week and last, I've immersed myself in the SaaS sector (Software as a Service) reading analyst reports, blogs, and company websites. The rest of the time, I spent getting up to speed with a suite of collaborative office applications provided by an up-and-coming player in the emerging productivity segment of SaaS. It's all sinking in and I'll be writing a good chunk of MarCom for them as 2006 gives way to 2007.

Given my rants about the need for plain English in B2B marketing materials, I thought I'd share a sample published last week. The American Society for Training & Development came across a white paper I wrote last spring on collaborative storyboarding for e-learning design. They asked if they could adapt it for their online eZine, Learning Circuits. I was jazzed, to say the least.

I think the white paper and article would be a good deal simpler and snappier if I had known back then about the Flesch Reading Ease metric and the ability of Word to call out passive sentences. Still, it does a good job of agitating for a new way of doing things, and of this, I'm proud.

I hope you'll read it. http://www.learningcircuits.org/2006/November/rosen.htm

In the last post, The Virtuous Circle of Plain English MarCom, I made the argument for Plain English MarCom as a way to achieve market advantage without your competitors realizing what hit them until it's too late.

If you're seriously considering plain English MarCom as a component of your strategy to win market share, let's talk.

To your marketing success,

Eric Rosen
Strategic Marketing Writer
eric.rosen AT clearcrisp.com
Clear Crisp Communications
Easier to Read Means More Sales and Leads


Add to: | blinklist | del.cio.us | digg | yahoo! | furl | rawsugar | shadows | netvouz

technorati tags: b2b marketing , plain English , MarCom , b2b copywriting

del.icio.us tags: b2b marketing , plain English , MarCom , b2b copywriting

icerocket tags: b2b marketing , plain English , MarCom , b2b copywriting

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home